Sunday, August 22, 2010

SALTY!!

I know you guys have all seen the commercials about Salty, the Lipton Sidekicks mascot dude? Well there was a promotion (I think it was in Canada only but I'm not sure) for people to be able to get the actual "Salty" and Pepper shakers. I missed it of course, and by the time I heard about it and made it to the website, they were all sold out. SO I checked on trusty old ebay and lo and behold there were several for sale, so I paid more than they are worth to get them, but they arrived yesterday!! They are so cute, and I know they'll make me smile every time I use them. Every single time. Which makes them worth every penny. Here's a layout I did for Vicki's latest challenge using papers from Citrus Brights, Funky Retro and Friendship For Kim, Leaves from Color My World and Fllutterby Flowers (all by AWP Designs by Vicki of course!). I used a brush from Biograffiti for the border. It's kind of a scraplift of a layout I did using a template by Biograffiti.Aren't they the cutest things ever? A special thanks as well to the tomatoes from my garden for posing in the photo with Salty and Pepper. And just in case you haven't seen the videos, I'll leave you with this little bit of goodness to make you smile!!! Here's Salty in action:

2 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

They ARE cute!

And I have never ever heard about them

Marie-France Gervais said...

I do love Salty! Love your layout, especially the splash of red, the oscar goes to the tomatoes for their cameo ;)

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!