I chose a light purple fabric for the sashing, and a soft purple (lilac if you will) flannel for the backing and binding. I thought this color brought out all the colors in the balloons rather nicely.
And this one is my favorite blocks, as I think this one looks most realistically like an actual hot air balloon. I tacked down the "ric-rac ropes" in the center of each, as I wasn't sure who this quilt was going to when I first made it, and thought little fingers would get hold of the ric rac if I didn't sew it down. I also found a really nice brown basket weave patterned material to use for the balloon basket.
So that is it! I know my basting and quilting skills have improved since I made this last summer, and I was going to give it to my niece for Christmas, but I forgot I had it to give to her and bought her something, so I have decided to keep it for myself, just to remind myself how far I've come and how much I've improved. I suppose this means I'm going to have to get motivation (I'll have to dig deep) to get creative again, as I think these are the last pictures I have of past projects for now. Or I'll have to leave the house more often so I have more to blog about!
One last thing, my book review for the last book I read is up on my reading blog, click on the image in the side bar to go to my other blog if you're interested!