Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scrapbooking, Finally

When I started this blog, I was so happy to find all the digi-scrappers out there in blog land that I couldn't believe my good fortune. I started downloading, and downloading, and downloading. I haven't done a layout in months. So today, I sat down and did several. This first one is a layout I did using a template from Moriginals (you can find it HERE) and the kit was called About A Boy from A Work In Progress (you can find it HERE). The date slider was from One Memory At a Time and is included in the Miracle kit. Visit her blog HERE to find it. So this layout is for Week two of my Project 365. Basically (from what I can understand) you take a picture every day (I usually take several anyways, though not necessarily every day, but I am going to try!) and once a week I will do a layout with the pictures from that week. Then at the end of the year, I'll have at least 52 pages to put into a hardcover book (you can order them at HERE). Makes for a great Christmas gift (although I might have to start my year at Christmas 2008 so it could be ready in time for Christmas this year) but even so, it would make a wonderful year in review book to keep, especially with my kids being so young and changing so quickly! Whew. I had a lot to say there.


The next layout I did was one for Chase's 12 x 12 frame, and it was some of the same pictures of him outside. I used another template from Moriginals (get it HERE) and the kit was Chocolate Valentine from A Work In Progress. You can also click on her blinkie (on the right column) to take you to her blog. She has some new kits for sale as well as lots of free kits (most of which I have downloaded!)

Then I did a page for Rayna's 12 x 12 frame. I didn't use a template this time, but I used Chocolate Valentine again. I love how I can use the kit for both my kids!


And the last page I did was one with a picture of Rayna that I am just in love with. She has just started holding her bottle and I think it's so cute. So I did a January page for her album using the Painter's Quilt kit from Stolen Moments. (you can get the kit HERE).

And on a side note, check out the warm temps we have been having! I almost can't believe it. My deck was dry yesterday when I took this picture (although, now it's covered in snow again as we got a little dump during the day.) We have a saying about the weather in Alberta, if you don't like it, just wait 5 minutes! It literally went from -15C to +5C within a few hours. Crazy.


Okay. Also a little update on my "organization" project. I cleared out my entrance, re-organized all my actual paper scrapbooking stuff, took down the play pen and moved some toys, took down some more of the Christmas decorations, and did a general de-junk of the front entrance and living room. It's not perfect, but it's a start. I still need to re-organize my sewing stuff, and get my stash under control. And the list of my projects hasn't materialized on here yet either, but being a procrastinator, I'll do it.....eventually lol.

3 comments:

amber said...

Those are all beautiful pages, Rose.. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

Your pages are adorable! So great you took a minute for yourself to scrap. I loved that you used the date slider-THANK YOU! Best of luck with Project 365-so fun! PS I really liked Keeping Faith (but unfortunately, no Edward) LOL

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Cute!

I need to start scrapping again...

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!