Monday, August 31, 2009

Digi...

Ok, so this designer stumbles across my blog, and likes what I've shown here for layouts...so she offered me a spot on her CT! If you haven't been to Oopsie Daisy's blog, you should check her out HERE. She has some great kits, and I'm really looking forward to playing with her designs! I'm so honored that people like my layouts. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that likes what I've done!!

I'm also considering starting a separate blog for my digi scrapping posts. They are taking up so much of my blog lately, I kind of feel like my original followers may be disappointed, as I used to post a lot more about crafts. I still have the crafty bug, so I may start a new blog to have someplace separate to post all about my explorations in digi scrapping, and keep this one as more of a crafty blog, like it was when I first starting blogging almost a year ago!! Any thoughts or suggestions regarding this?? If I did start another one, what should I call it?? (I'm hoping to have something cooking for my blogiversary as well, so stay tuned for that!!)

On another note, hubs and I went to go see GI Joe tonight. Totally guy flick, to which I think I'm gonna have to make him suffer through The Time Traveller's Wife for making me sit through it! It was alright, although I didn't really get into it until half way through. The beginning seemed a little hokey to me, with Marlon Wyans being the token "black-comic relief guy". There was a lot lacking in plot and characterization, although apparently hubs says that is how the cartoons are. There is no history given, it just jumps right into the show. I don't watch and never have watched the GI Joe cartoons (and I don't plan on watching them either!!) So for me, it was just alright.

Also, I made this today:
It's zucchini apple crisp, and I totally thought I blogged about it once before. I just searched my blog and apparently I haven't. I'll have to do up a recipe card for this one later. So here is the recipe:

Zucchini Apple Crisp

8c zucchini, peeled, seeds removed and cut up like apples for pie
1/2 to 3/4c lemon juice
2tsp cinnamon (I use more on occasion)
3/4 to 1c sugar

Place zucchini and lemon juice in a large saucepan, cover, cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until tender (about 15 minutes.) Then add sugar and cinnamon until dissolved. Place mixture into 13x9" glass baking dish. (It should be a little saucy, my zucchini this time around had very little moisture in it, and the lemon juice almost totally boiled off, which made the final product a little more dry as well. Add more or less lemon juice depending on how much moisture you think the zukes have!)


Topping:
1c plus 1/3c sugar
1c flour
1c rolled oats
2/3c margarine

Blend together and sprinkle over top the zucchini mixture. Bake at 325F for 25 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, sprinkled with cinnamon.

This is a great recipe as it uses up a lot of zucchini, I find if it's a fair size it will use up the whole thing. You can also have more or less if you like, just adjust the lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon amounts that you use. So enjoy, and I'll be posting my part of the Stuff to Scrap blog train tomorrow, I've got some more QP's in store for you using Maurine's part of the train!! Yay...Gotta love freebies. Until then, this is me, over and out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 39 post on Aug. 31, 2009. Thanks again.

MSC said...

How sweet of you Rose. You are such a sweet heart. I hope you have a wonderful week! :)

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!