Sunday, May 8, 2011

I swallowed my tooth!

So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it's again been months since I last posted, but whatever, who cares, there is nothing that says I have to blog every detail of every day! I don't know why I feel like having a blog would mean that I have to post frequently! Anyways, we just passed a small milestone in Chase's life, he lost his first tooth today. He turns 6 in three weeks, and his tooth has been loose for a couple months now, and today he bit into cantaloupe at mother's day brunch, and he thought he had a seed stuck in his tooth and he was starting to get very agitated about it and was digging around in his mouth and his Dad looked in there and said it was his tooth ready to fall out! He sort of freaked out a little and started to cry so I took him to the washroom so he could take a look at it and I explained that he's getting new big boy teeth underneath and that now when his tooth falls out the tooth fairy will come get his tooth and give him money for it, so he was ok after that. He worked it all day with his tongue and we had a full, very active day. I gave an old bench chair new life with a great coat of paint and the kids played outside all day, and he was pretty pooped out by supper. He was scared to eat anything because of his tooth so had cheerios for supper LOL. He fell asleep on the couch watching TV and I woke him up at bath time so he could go get washed up, he had paint in his hair and was dirty from being outside, but he didn't want to, so I bribed him with an ice cream treat to get in the tub and he agreed. After he got out he of course came to collect his payment for getting in the tub, and told me he wanted a cone instead of ice cream in a dish, so I gave him an ice cream cone, and after he was done I told him to go brush his teeth being careful of his loose one so he didn't hurt it, and the next thing I know he comes rushing down the stairs crying, "NOOOO!" with his lips pulled open. His tooth was gone and he was crying, "Now I have nothing to give to the tooth fairy!". He looked under the table, but I'm pretty sure he swallowed it, what with the combination of the cold ice cream and the crunchy cone, he never noticed when it fell out, and I didn't even think about that happening before I gave it to him. I felt so bad!! So we wrote a note to the tooth fairy explaining what happened and drew a picture of his tooth, and he signed it. He tucked it under his pillow, and I told him that way she would still know he had lost his tooth, so I'm pretty sure she'll come take the note tonight! Poor guy! I scrapped a page to commemorate the event too (of course):



Credits: fonts: juice ITC, dupree, idolwild
template: Sara Gleason
kit: Toof Fairy by GSCreations & KimB’s Designs



Luckily I had taken photos of his tooth all cockeyed in his mouth this morning, and got one last photo of his smile before his tooth fell out.

And if you're interested here are a couple photos of my gorgeous re-painted chair (it actually has no legs) and my hubby found it and set it here in my garden and I thought it was the perfect spot, on the south wall of the house and I can sit there and sun myself and watch the kids play in the yard. All it needed was this beautiful color :)


My rhubarb is going crazy already! I better dig out my standby recipes to start using it up! Here is another photo beside an identical bench, gives you a good idea of before and after, as my hubs is still in the process of sanding the other one.
That's what I did with my mothers day! Hope all of you got spoiled as well! That's it for now, I'll post when I have the time and something to say, TTFN :)

No comments:

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!